Friday, August 19, 2011

Episode 1 Lemon Blueberry Cupcake

When I first pitched the idea to myself to star in, produce, finance, edit and film my own baking show in my smaller than small kitchen on a college student's budget and time- it didn't sound so bad.... Don't get me wrong, I had a blast making (but mostly eating) these cupcakes. Luckily for me, I am not a perfectionist- but I like to get close... even if it means looking like a fool while doing it. You will witness me screw up here and there and be honest while admitting that I cannot bake- and this show and blog is simply an outlet for me to create cupcakes and share them with the world. You might shake your head and say, "I could do this so much better than her" but that's the point of the show! Seriously, anyone can have a television show nowadays. I try to keep a positive head about the entire process of coming to a final product- and it helps when I can make fun of myself. They don't show the messy stuff on Food Network, ya know? This is reality, REAL baking in real time- I won't lie and tell you it took me 4 minutes to make an entire batch of cupcakes, frost them- and then go on to make a stuffed turkey for Thanksgiving dinner... 
 


Honesty. Is. The. Best. Policy. I've never met an honest cupcake I didn't like. So my thoughts on this first episode? Comical, Puppies, Delicious, Success. How could you ask for anything less? Check out the first episode on NorseMedia (which streams live on the internet for you folks in other countries) http://norsemedia.nku.edu/      What time, you ask? It'll be Central/Eastern time. But I'll have to get back to you on when my programmer is scheduling it. 

-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment